Thursday, August 9, 2012

Organized Chaos: Closets

The unpacking continues.
Today's major mission was the master closet. There is just something about organizing clothes that is terribly daunting. Maybe it's knowing that even when the closet is organized optimally...it's still going to look chaotic.


This is about as good as it's ever going to get. 

There are three things I learned from organizing the closet:
1. I need to buy some color. Half of my wardrobe is ivory, gray, navy, and black. How boring.
2. My shoes are never going to stay that organized.
3. The closet is a lot bigger when it doesn't have a bunch of boxes and shoes on the floor.

I don't know about you, but I dream (almost daily) of a master closet a la Carrie Bradshaw. I don't mean the tiny apartment version with couture thrown everything all willy nilly...I mean the heaven on Fifth version that's perfectly organized and lighted.

Although, I'd settle for any of these (and I'm sure you would, too)...












Now THAT's a closet! oh my.

There's just something about having all my clothes behind doors (even if they're glass) that gets my heart aflutter.
It just looks so much neater when everything is tucked away...except my shoes. Let me see my shoes.

Enough about me...
How do you feel about your closet? 
Do you want to see your wardrobe or hide it away?

All images from houzz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment