Monday, July 30, 2012

Shop Feature...Across the Way, Cape May

Hello, friends.

Last week was a busy week! 
After my surprise bridal shower on Saturday, I headed to the beach with my family for our annual vacation.
We went to one of my favorite spots: Wildwood, NJ.



I know. 
Wildwood definitely isn't the classiest (or cleanest) beach locale in the world, but it's filled with some of my favorite memories from childhood.
I always love when we go back.

We usually spend an evening in Cape May when we do go.
I love Cape May for it's quaint little shops and beautiful Victorian homes.

I always stop in at Bath Time to pick up a new bottle of lotion or exfoliating shower wash. They'll custom blend you a signature scent in any combination of their almost intimidatingly long list of fragrances for under $20 per eight ounce bottle.
I love it.

Across the Way

Just a few doors down from Bath Time, there's a fairly new (a few year's old) shop called Across the Way.

I walked in on a whim and had to be physically removed by my fiance.

The shop specializes in unique home decor items.
They have developed an amazing mix of modern and industrial while toeing the fine line between quirky and classic.
I ooh-ed and ahh-ed  my way through the store finding myself drawn to their assortment of gorgeous suspended glass vases and the light fixtures.


I was tempted to walk away with this triple tube wall vase for $42, but talked myself out of it (as I live in a rental and try not to punch a bunch of holes in the walls unless absolutely necessary). I ended up with another set of three that are freestanding on a very modern wooden block. 
I have yet to unpack it, but plan to share as soon as I find the perfect spot for it!

Here's a small sampling of some of the other cool stuff they have:
click the image to be taken to the Across the Way online shop




They have so many neat things (at decent prices) that it was hard for me to leave. 
If we're being honest...the only reason I left when I did is because they told me they have an online shop!

If you ever find yourself within driving distance of Cape May, it's definitely worth the stop!


All images are courtesy of Across the Way online.

No comments:

Post a Comment